Information

Signs to Watch for in Dogs After Eating a Poisonous Plant

Signs to Watch for in Dogs After Eating a Poisonous Plant


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Plenty of dogs are naturally curious, which gets them into trouble. Observe your dog for the common signs of plant poisoning and contact your veterinarian immediately.

Typical Signs

Dogs who have consumed a poisonous plant will display signs such as nervousness, muscle tremors, excessive sweating, seizures, weakness, breathing complications, increased heart rate, stomach upset, vomiting, diarrhea and coma. Different plants present different signs of illness. For example, consuming a mushroom will cause vomiting or bloody diarrhea, while cherries cause breathing problems or convulsions.

When to Call Your Veterinarian

If your dog has any of the symptoms of plant poisoning, call your veterinarian or visit an emergency veterinarian. If possible, be able to identify the plant and the amount of plant consumed, as well as how long ago the event occurred, so your vet can provide faster and more accurate treatment. If you are unsure of what plant your dog consumed, bring vomit or diarrhea expelled with you for testing.

References


Watch the video: 13 Common House Plants Poisonous to Dogs and Cats (July 2022).


Comments:

  1. Cormic

    It doesn't come close to me.

  2. Kazrami

    Absolutely agree with you. It seems like a good idea to me. I agree with you.

  3. Malabar

    Trifles!

  4. Esam

    Found a site with a topic that interests you.



Write a message

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos