Quickly to the vet in case of snail grain poisoning

Quickly to the vet in case of snail grain poisoning

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Poisoning with snail grain is life-threatening for a dog - so if you have observed that your four-legged friend has eaten the poison, haste is the order of the day. See a vet with him as soon as possible! You can read what else you should consider here. Snail grain is very dangerous for the dog - Shutterstock / Nature Art

If you saw that your four-legged friend ate snail grain, you should not hesitate to see a veterinarian. The earlier the doctor treats the animal, the greater the chance that it can prevent the venom from spreading in the bloodstream - because this could have fatal consequences if the amount of poison is large.

Suspected poisoning with slug pellets

If your dog has eaten poison and is still showing no symptoms, you should, if possible, quickly put a little of the suspicious substance in a bag or other container. The sample makes it easier for the veterinarian to make a clear diagnosis and thus also the treatment. Then you should make your way to the veterinarian and it is best to call him over the phone so that he can prepare for you in the best possible way.

Charcoal tablets can help prevent the venom from spreading on the way to the vet: they bind it and, in the best case, channel it out of the body before it gets into the bloodstream. You should only take this emergency measure if you have the coal tablets at hand - the quickest way to the vet is more important.

When the dog shows symptoms of intoxication

If your dog is already showing symptoms of poisoning, you should try to stay calm. Talk to your dog soothingly and shield yourself from strangers who may want to use rash first aid measures. If your four-legged friend can walk, you should put a leash on them and take them to the vet quickly. But also pay attention to your own safety on the road - especially if you are driving. If you don't dare to drive, you should rather ask someone else or take a taxi right away. If the dog is already passed out, you must carry it - you should first make sure that its airways are clear.

Treatment at the vet

If it is possible for you, you should give the veterinarian important information about the estimated amount of poison ingested and the time of admission. Depending on the severity of the symptoms and the progress of the poisoning, various treatment options can be considered. For detoxification, for example, the use of activated charcoal, induction of vomiting or gastric lavage are used. If the dog is in poor condition, measures to stabilize the circulation and breathing may have to be taken. In addition, infusions, blood transfusions and the administration of various medications can help the dog to recover soon.

How to make your garden dog-safe

If you want to make your garden dog-safe, you should on the one hand eliminate sources of danger, on the other ...

You may also be interested in these dog health articles:

Snail grain poisoning in dogs: symptoms

Dangers in the garden: These substances are toxic to dogs

Symptoms of chocolate poisoning in dogs

0 comments Login to comment

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos